[scribus] Business Cards from Scribus?

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 20 18:58:32 CEST 2009

On 09/20/2009 03:01 AM, Christoph Schäfer wrote:
> Hi Bill and all other members of this list,
>
> It's more than obvious that the creation of business cards has become a
> typical use case for Scribus.
>
> As a result, we're currently working on at least two sets of business card
> templates with a professional graphics designer. Since we also consider
> creating a Python script that will take into account different printing
> templates, like Avery or Pelikan, this may take some time.
>
> Nevertheless, I want to make you aware of the fact that we're working on this.

It's not clear to me that Scribus needs templates in the usual sense for
this kind of use (business cards). It's really just a matter of having
the dimensions of the items, whether cards or labels, on a sheet, with
the gap between and the number of rows and columns. You make one
example, then Multiple Duplicate, and you're done.

Greg