[scribus] Need scribus-1.3.5.1 working but unable to compile.

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sun Sep 20 00:33:01 CEST 2009

On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 08:13:22 -0700 (PDT)
alexandre suzuki <alex_o_suzuki at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I,one after another get the following error trying to compile
> scribus-1.3.5.1:Ubuntu 9.04 i386. -- The C compiler identification is
> GNU -- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
> -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
> -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
> CMake Error at icons/CMakeLists.txt:6 (INSTALL):
>   install FILES given no DESTINATION!
>

> CMake Error at styles/CMakeLists.txt:20 (QT4_WRAP_CPP):
>   Unknown CMake command "QT4_WRAP_CPP".
>

> CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
>   No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such
> as
>
>     cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)
>
>   should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may
> be lower if you wish to support older CMake versions for this
> project.  For more information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
> This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

> Anyone with the same problem?Is there any way to surpass this?

You don't say what you have done so it is a bit hard to help.

See http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Building_CVS_versions_with_CMake#To_start_the_build

What cmake command did you use

Are you using a separate build directory (recommended)?

Something is really screrwed up

Owen