[scribus] Typesetting of books

Leander Sukov leander.sukov at leander-sukov.de
Fri Sep 18 13:15:19 CEST 2009

In our company we use Scribus for single page layouts (flyers, book covers
etc), but we are using still pagemaker and indesign for the block. Scribus
is still very, very slow and unhandleable when it has to work with more
than ten or twenty pages. We could split the books in small parts of course
and assemble them again, but then this is not very often a good way for the
setting of a book.
Before we are going to invest in both new apple computers and new programms
from Adobe, I would like to know, if there is a timeline which shows that
even setting two hundred or more page in one file could be workable with
scribus in near future.

Leander
--
http://leander-sukov.de
Meine Bücher gibt der Kulturmaschinen-Verlag heraus: