[scribus] Strange window appears with Scribus NG

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Sep 17 21:41:37 CEST 2009

On Thursday 17 September 2009 14:36:37 Simon Schneebeli
wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have just upgraded from 1.3.3 to 1.3.5.1 on Mint Linux (Gloria).
>
> Whenever I start Scribus a strange window opens that blocks
part of the
> screen (see http://okko.org/IMG/Screenshot.png for a
screenshot).

> I couldn't find a way to make this disappear, not did I find any
other
> bug report on this. Did anyone else have a similar problem? And
does
> anyone have an idea on how to repair this?
>
> Simon
Somehow you are getting a piece of Open Office Writer over the
top of Scribus.  And that piece also contains a part of the Scribus
opening splash screen.

The usual repair steps would include downloading and reinstalling
Scribus 1.3.5.1 again. If the problem persists  I suggest reverting
to 1.3.3.x until you can get a cleanly working copy.
--
John Culleton
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"