[scribus] PDF image crashing Scribus

John Harrold john.m.harrold at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 14:48:51 CEST 2009

Sometime in September, Christoph Sch?fer proposed the following:

| That PDF is broken. You can, however, open it with Adobe Reader, print a
| PostScript file and import the result as a vector file. This will export to
| PDF just fine.

I suspected as much about the broken PDF. I tried your solution:

Adobe Acrobat --> save as PS --> Import into Scribus --> Export Scribus document as PDF

And a few variants of it and they all crash the program. Perhaps I'll see
what photoshop can do with it. Does anyone know of any software (commercial
or otherwise) that can fix broken PDFs? I have the full version of Acrobat
if that is any use.

--
 John M Harrold