[scribus] Confused about Copy & Past Law

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Sep 15 11:10:29 CEST 2009

hello
> On 09/13/2009 11:51 PM, Jason Hutchinson wrote:
>> Hi, I'm Just Wondering if Someone could sincerly answer my question.
>> I wanted to copy&  paste a part of a page from a Scribus Howto&
>> noticed there was a statement that
>> the howto  page is licensed under CC BY-SA.
>> So I checked the link which was a dead end at the time&  went to
>> Wikipedia site On CreativeCommons
>> &  found the licenses  confusing .
>> AnyWay could someone tell me if its illegal to copy&  paste howto's&
>> tips .
>> I was thinking about just archiving the whole page but would prefer
>> to Copy&  paste just the parts I want.
>> Thanks Anyone

CC BY-SA means:
- you can use it
- you have to say who is the author of the original works
- you have to allow other people to use your derivative work under the
same conditions (everybody may use your published derivative work if she
includes your name and the name of the original authors).
(please check on the CC page if it is 100% correct)

you have to take care that not all the pages in the wiki are under the
same licence.

hth && ciao
a.l.e