[scribus] Insert and modify multiple text frames

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 14 23:55:43 CEST 2009

On 09/10/2009 02:16 PM, Antonio Roberts wrote:
> I know that when you create a new document you are able to set text
> frames to be automatically created. What I'm wondering is:
>
> *Can you execute this function after a document has been created
> *Can you specify how they're created e.g. create a text frame at
> 100x150px with height 200px and width 50px on every page after page 5
>
> If it's not possible in 1.3.5.1 (the version I'm using) is anyone
> aware of a script that can do this?

You should be able to find scripts on the wiki that give you the basic
elements for this.

OTOH, if you simply copy a frame (or group) on a page, then go to as
many pages as you like and paste, it will be placed at exactly the same
coordinates it had on the original page.

Also, sometimes copying entire pages might make more sense, in which
case you can do the operation in bulk.

Greg