[scribus] Linux vs Windows for Scribus ?

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 15:08:54 CEST 2009

Hi Jeffrey,

On 9/8/09, Jeffrey Silverman <jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com> wrote:
> .... And some retards will even recommend Slackware to new
> users ...

I also want to use Ubuntu, Mepis, Mint, etc. on my _retarded_ computer
(1.7GHz Celeron having 256MB RAM) but unfortunately the system
requirements for all these distros are too high. I heard a lot about
Slackware's low resource requirements and that's why have downloaded
it. You're right, you do need some experience in setting up Slackware.
I am currently trying out different distros including Slackware. It's
clear that I'll have to spend some time on Slackware upfront but if it
runs fine on my retarded computer, I am fine. Right now, I am sending
this email using Kubuntu - though from another machine with 2GB RAM
and 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo processor package.

Best regards,

-Asif