[scribus] Huge PDF, need suggestions

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Sep 5 09:37:18 CEST 2009

On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 01:08:20 -0400
John B <johnb316 at gmail.com> dijo:

> Try http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/desklinux/ for version 1.1 of Foxit
> Reader for Linux. There is a .deb version (for Debian-based distros), an
> rpm for Fedora/Red Hat folks, and a bzipped tarball for the rest of us. ;-)

>From the Foxit website:

Amazing fast: When you run Foxit Reader, it launches instantly without
any delay and loads a PDF file less than 3 seconds .

I installed Foxit from the DEB file at the above link Then I opened the
PDF 1.4 exported from Scribus. It took 42 minutes to load all the
pages. Even 32-bit Adobe Reader is faster. Evince loaded all the pages
in less than three minutes.

I don't know what the problem is, but I'm sticking to the more popular
tools.