[scribus] Windows 95 version

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 5 02:12:46 CEST 2009

On 09/04/2009 08:10 PM, Christoph Schäfer wrote:
> Am Samstag, 5. September 2009 01:50:09 schrieb Bryan Alexander:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anyone know if there are any Scribus versions out there still
>> available for download that work on Windows 95?  I know it's ancient, but I
>> have a guy that has an old computer.  He's into graphic art, but has never
>> used computers.  Someone gave him this old computer, he wants to see if
>> it's something he would use before buying one....
>>

> Unfortunately, Scribus never ran on Win95/98/ME, and never will.
>
> The minimum required to run Scribus on Windows is Win2000.

The best thing about a Win95 computer is that this is a perfect scenario
for blowing away the Win95 installation and replacing with some sort of
Linux. After all, you're not likely to be able to even consider
installing some later version of Windows, since it would balk at some
sort of hardware issue that is unsolvable.

Make sure you save your data files. There will be Linux apps to load
them, again as opposed to more "advanced" Windows apps.

Greg