[scribus] Huge PDF, need suggestions

Richard eyelagui at adinet.com.uy
Fri Sep 4 02:36:16 CEST 2009

John Jason Jordan escribió:
> On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 14:11:09 -0700
> John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:
>
>> On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 20:20:00 +0200
>> "a.l.e" <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> dijo:

I was some time ago, a couple of years in a similar situation.

Hello, my name is Richard, nice to met you all.

Now....., i was some time ago, maybe a couple of years ago in a similar
situation, having a lot of problems to print a 700/800MB "CorelDraw"
catalog. (not my creation/idea/anything)

Then i started using Scribus and made exactly the same work, but ending
with usable and of course big PDF files.
At the beggining the problems were with transparencies, Adobe Reader
didn`t print transparencies correctly, every page where a transparency
were used appeared with some strange banding (bands, white stripes,
etc), but the major issue come with the file size, it took forever to
print when didn't froze my computer. I had a 3000MHz Athlon with 1 GB
RAM, but the same happened when using a 2.5(ish)GHz Athlon64 and 2GB DDR2

I ended using Foxit reader, a lot faster and not even one issue on
transparencies. It worked flawlessly on my K7 3000
Give it a try, then tell if it works for you. Is a small program, easy
to install, easy to uninstall. Is the option i`m using now, since Adobe
reader made me very sick.

Greetings and best regards.