[scribus] Huge PDF, need suggestions

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Sep 3 20:20:00 CEST 2009

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 19:11:29 +0200
vwf <vwf at vulkor.net> wrote:

> >> Do you convert EPS to bitmaps? Try not to
> >
> > The document contains no bitmaps at all. There are a lot of PS
> > vector objects placed in the document with File > Import > Get
> > Vector File.
>
> If I am not mistaken: 1.3.5 can include eps in the pdf output,
> older versions raster it. This was one reason to jump to 1.3.5,
> with other issues as a result.

scribus can import eps as vectors since a long time...

what you can do starting from 1.3.5, is to put eps (and pdfs) in image frames and have them included as is.
indeed, going that way may be worth a try, if you want to reduce the size of your pdfs!

but: don't forget that 1.3.5 is not a stable version and that it may kill all your kitten!

have fun
a.l.e