[scribus] Text Overflow - Background

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Wed Sep 2 19:54:08 CEST 2009

a.l.e wrote:
>> can you just post the lines (with the variable values if
>> there are some) where you add the text frame and where you
>> fill it with content? (and, eventually, where you format
>> the text)?

Here is a fairly minimal script that exhibits the behavior for me. Note that the two lines starting with scribus.newDoc should be on one line. This simply creates a new doc, put a single text frame on that page and populates it with the sort of content it's getting when I run my complete script. With the preflight verifier open, I get a text overflow warning on this frame.

The problem seems to have at least something to do with the final four lines below. When I comment that out all four of these lines the problem goes away but if any one of them is left, I get the warning.

#!/usr/bin/env python

import scribus
import os

scribus.newDoc(scribus.PAPER_LETTER, (24, 24, 24, 24), scribus.PORTRAIT, 1, scribus.UNIT_POINTS, scribus.NOFACINGPAGES, scribus.FIRSTPAGERIGHT)

Lpic = scribus.createText(36, 361, 273, 36)
scribus.setText("img_20090101_000001.jpg", Lpic)
scribus.setTextAlignment(scribus.ALIGN_CENTERED, Lpic)
scribus.setFont("Garamond Regular", Lpic)
scribus.setFontSize(12, Lpic)
scribus.setFillColor("White", Lpic)

--
Henry