[scribus] building 1.3.5.1 with Qt 4.4.3

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Sep 2 19:32:54 CEST 2009

hi,

> If you're using a distro with a repository, I would generally advise
> against upgrading things like Qt outside of the repository, unless
> you have some understanding of ldconfig and how to undo such an
> upgrade.

there is one possibility open: compiling your version of qt and putting it in /opt/qt or /user/local/qt. you will then have to set the new library path for qt each time you start scribus (you can do it automatically by creating a script which sets the path and runs scribus).

i can give more details, but i would not suggest to try it, to anybody who hasn't fully understand what i wrote in the sentence before and can't replicate it in his own :-)

and, most of all, i fully agree with greg: don't install a newer version of qt in a place where your system can see it!

DON'T DO IT!