[scribus] center the image inside the frame

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 29 19:40:44 CET 2009

On 10/29/2009 12:21 PM, GianLuca Sarto wrote:
> a.l.e wrote:
>> ciao gianluca,
>>
>>> is it possible at all?
>>>
>>> I could not find the way...
>>

>> why do you want to do it? it would be better to resize the image
>> frame to the image size (right click on it...) and then place the
>> frame with windows > arrange and distribute...
>>

>> on the other side, it may be interesting to use the basepoint to
>> place the image in the frame if it smaller to fit...
>>

>> finally, it should be easy to write a script that places the image in
>> the frame...
>>

>> ciao
>> a.l.e

> ciao A.L.E.,
>
> in my page layout, I would like to have my frames aligned, but the
> image printed size can vary quite a bit, so most of the times the
> picture is floating inside the box.
>
> About scripting.... well, I confess that way off my knowledge, at the
> moment...
math to the rescue, even without a script:

one way:
duplicate the image frame with image, check Scale Frame to Image to know
the dimensions of the image. Subtract this from the width and height of
the original frame, divide each by 2 to get the X-Pos and Y-Pos in the
Image tab. You can even enter the values as a fraction:
'(300.237-133.634)/2' and Scribus will do the math for you.

Greg