[scribus] custom line styles usage existing and maybe a suggestion

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 28 13:28:11 CET 2009

On 10/28/2009 06:32 AM, K.King wrote:
> I am very impressed with Scribus, I suspect some of the niggles I have
> are me not knowing how to use it properly (e.g. When I want to inline
> edit a text frame by double clicking I quite often end up with the
> whole text frame moving instead)
2 alternatives here:
- click the Edit Contents of Frame mode icon on toolbar
- keyboard short cut 'E'

Also remember you can Undo an unfortunate action like moving a frame
when you didn't intend to.

> I obviously wrote my posts incorrectly and insensitively, I apologise.
> I was NOT trying to say that JUST because other software does it that
> it should be implemented in scribus.

> However I am asking and wishing to discuss how one could achieve a
> certain effects using scribus and where necessary in combination with
> other software.

One thing to keep in mind is that Scribus has evolved to do things the
way it does in a gradual way and with certain choices made in a
deliberate way. When people suggest that something be possible in the
way that some other DTP software does it runs against those decisions to
some extent. Implementing things like patterns in borders is not simple,
and will require some time to allow adjustments of the pattern that will
be essential. I've seen some early examples, and depending on the
pattern source, it's not so useful yet.

Greg