[scribus] Font substitution not permanent

Steven Dayton daytonmeister at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 16:43:25 CEST 2009

That is probably what was meant by Scribus not supporting OTF. Of course it
supports using the OTF font I am using because that is what I am doing.
Using it that is. The most important glitch for me is it won't embed and
subset the font in my PDF documents. At least the version I am working with
doesn't. Maybe by now it is capable of doing it in these newer versions. I
can fix that with Acrobat Professional though so at least there is a work
around. Most of the stuff I am working on isn't destined for the printing
press but for online consumption.

Thanks for clarifiying that.

StevenD

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 22:20, Christoph Schäfer
<christoph-schaefer at gmx.de>wrote:

> <snip>
> >
> > Could it be that because this is an Open type font and Scribus doesn't
> > support OT fonts (or at least that is what I was told) that is why
> > permanent font substitution isn't working?
>
> Who told you that? Of course Scribus supports OTF fonts. What it doesn't
> support yet is advanced OTF features.
>
> Christoph

StevenD

Do you want it fast, good, or cheap? Choose any two.