[scribus] Text outlining

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Oct 18 18:17:52 CEST 2009

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 09:23:33 -0400
Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com> dijo:

> On 10/17/2009 11:15 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> > Using 1.3.5 RC3 on Jaunty.
> >
> > I can't figure out how to get this right.
> >
> > I have a small text frame on a book cover. Underneath is a black and
> > white line art drawing. I want to give the text a bit of a white
> > outline so that when a character hits a piece of the underlying artwork
> > it will still have a solid white area around it.
> >
> > Outlining the text works, but the outline appears inside the character,
> > not outside the character.
> >
> I just tried this out and find no flaw on 1.3.5 (1.3.6svn actually, but
> I don't that should matter).
> Maybe this is some kind of anti-aliasing problem?

I can't remember if the list allows uploading a file, but I'll try it.
Attached (I hope) is a small sample file. In case it doesn't make it,
you can recreate it by creating a simple line at a diagonal, then
placing a text box on top. In the text box type or enter enough text to
cover the line. I used Junicode 12 points. Select some of the text and
apply a 3% white outline.

What happens is that the text to which the white outline is applied
appears thinner than the other text.