[scribus] Scribus, GNOME, KDE

Bruce Griffis bruce.griffis at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 23:27:14 CEST 2009

I haven't messed around with Gnome very much. I'm a KDE fan. I don't
if one is better than the other, I just prefer KDE - although when I
messed with Fedora and Ubuntu, I liked Gnome. But I generally go KDE.
Right now for playing I use a Lenovo S10 Netbook with Kubuntu
installed. Works fine. I popped on an external monitor, keyboard and
mouse so I can actually see things (the screen size is pretty small on
a Netbook, and my son broke the netbook screen twice by dropping the
darn thing!). Whether you chose Gnome or KDE, Ubuntu or openSuse (or
Mandriva or Fedora or ...) - you can do just fine.  Just don't let
your kids toss it. That kind of hurts 'em a little bit.