[scribus] Line spacing increases when point size reduced

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Oct 12 23:38:47 CEST 2009

hi william

> Found this on the wiki at
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Working_with_Story_Editor#Font_Size_and_Line_Spacing
>
> so it seems automatic line spacing cannot be set as default. I would
> think that defualt line spacing of automatic rather than fixed line
> spacing would be the preferred option for most situations.

imho wrong.

your impression is right for word processing, but for DTP work, you
will mostly want to use a basegrid alignment (for both aligning through
columns and front/back side on the sheet of paper).

fixed size line height is a good starting point to make you aware
of the fact that line height does matter!

but i agree with you that one should be able to set her preferred line
spacing as a default...

do you want to write a bug report for it?

good night
a.l.e