[scribus] Doing a cookbook - how to treat each recipe

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Sun Oct 11 17:56:33 CEST 2009

Bruce Griffis wrote:

> When putting this together, wuld I treat each chapter as a separate
> file, then merge them? Would I do it as one file and just deal with
> the length of time it takes to load (right now I'm at 124 pages).

I've formed the unverified impression that if you keen keep chunks of
text down to just a few linked text frames, things slow down a lot less
quickly as the number of pages increases.

With 1.3.3.12 I've been up to about 60 pages. While not fast, speed was
not a problem.

1.3.5.x is supposed to be quicker with large documents, so you may get
away without splitting it, and I certainly wouldn't split it until you
have to.

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem (Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,AIEMA,MEI
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy