[scribus] losing gimp image detail in scribus

eric hanuise ehanuise at fantasybel.net
Thu Oct 8 19:00:27 CEST 2009

William Kenny wrote:
> I set up a sudoku grid in gimp and save as a png file. When I import the
> image into Scribus, its dropping some of the grid lines. Tried savin as a
> jpg and a gif and same result. The images display correctly in Gnome Picture
> Browser.

In Gimp, go to the image size dialog and make sure you are in the right
resolution (300dpi usually), and that the image size in millimeters
correspond to the actual size you'll use in scribus.
Then in scribus make sure the resize image to frame option is not
checked in the image frame properties.

If this still looks wrong, prind a pdf to check if they're missing there
too : it's possible that you get a low-resolution preview of the image
(this can be set in the general and document preferences, or in the
image frame properties for single images) so it's just a visual glitch
which won't affect the printed file.