[scribus] importing pictures and resolution

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Thu Oct 8 15:38:41 CEST 2009

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 09/28/2009 07:51 AM, Thomas Kratz wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm getting pdfs from different people in order to make a magazine.
>> When I directly put them in to scribus with the "Bild laden" function,
>> the resolution is shown as 72dpi.
>>
>> When I import them into gimp, I can choose the resolution 300dpi and
>> then save them as tif, and then the resolution in scribus is shown as
>> 300dpi in the proper size.
>>
>> Is it possible to get the pdfs into scribus directly with 300dpi? Or
>> how do I do it best, if the gimp-way is not perfect.
> You should be able to specify a higher resolution of imported PDFs when
> you export to PDF, at which time the PDFs will be resampled for the output.
>
> This might be an opportunity to get your contributors to use Scribus so
> you could use Scribus files instead to put your magazine together.

To avoid resampling, could it be possible to import at the existing
resolution ?

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem (Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,AIEMA,MEI
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy