[scribus] Compiling 1.5.0

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 3 22:27:17 CEST 2009

On 10/03/2009 04:09 PM, Christoph Schäfer wrote:
> Am Samstag, 3. Oktober 2009 21:57:43 schrieb John Culleton:
>
>> I have two Linux partitions on which I attempt to compile 1.50. Both have
>> missing library problems.
>> On the Slack 13 partition it cannot find ImageMagick++ libraries which
>> reside in /usr/lib. The compile  completes but some file recognition
>> facilities are not present.
>>
> You need to install GraphicsMagick and its development libraries.

You don't have to have GraphicsMagick, but you will lose some functionality.
In Fedora at least, there is a strange nomenclature -- cmake tells you
that you need GraphicsMagick++ libraries, and the library file in
/usr/lib is named GraphicsMagick++.so.xxx, but the Fedora packages are
GraphicsMagick-c++ and GraphicsMagick-c++-devel.

Greg