[scribus] Whats Going On? Text Boxes and Image Boxes sometimes don't let me edit them - solved by restart

Calum Polwart scribus at wittongilbert.free-online.co.uk
Fri Oct 2 22:53:28 CEST 2009

Sorry this is a bit of a vague description as I don't know what the
cause could be or what to really describe. 1.3.5.1 ubuntu form latest
version installed from apt last week.

I can be working nicely on an article and then drop in a text box and go
to Edit Text on the menu and its greyed out - disabled.  Box is not
locked. Locking and unlocking it seems to make no difference.

Just discovered it does the same thing with Photos - Get Image is disabled.

Only solution seems to be restarting scribus when all plays nicely again
- till it happens again anything from 10 minutes to 24 hours later?