[scribus] Scribus Photo Contact Sheet

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Thu Oct 1 22:08:00 CEST 2009

Back at the beginning of September I asked some question about a Text Overflow error I was getting when I ran a script. A few people asked that I share the script with them so I've taken the liberty of putting it on the Scribus Wiki. Not knowing for sure what the etiquette is for this sort of thing, I added it to the existing page that contains the code I took as my starting point. If it should be on a page of its own, please let me know and I'll be glad to move it.

I am grateful to Gregory Pittman for the initial script not least because my Python skills are somewhat thin. Most of the description of the script is embedded in it. Comments and corrections are welcome, either here or directly in the code.

A bunch of parameters are set at run time depending upon the number of images per page that you select in the opening dialog. There's no reason to limit these to 4, 6, and 12 per page or to print only on letter size paper. If you would like to extend this script with more sizes or layouts, that would be very useful, I think.

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Automatic_import_of_images:_Versions_not_requiring_Tkinter

--
Henry Hartley