[scribus] Vertical align of text / aligning text with horizontal lines

Steven Dayton daytonmeister at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 03:51:53 CEST 2009

I'm not sure if this is what we are talking about but I tried an experiment
by drawing a hairline and copying it to the clipboard. I put in some text
such as,

First name (inserted a tab stop then pasted the line that was copied)
Last name (inserted a tab stop then pasted the line that was copied)
Address (inserted a tab stop then pasted the line that was copied)

the pasted line which is now an inline graphic will travel with the text and
if I want to change the leading of the lines of text then lines change right
along with the text since the pasted line sits on the baseline (or mostly it
does).

The only screwy thing that happens is the pasted line sits a hair above the
baseline and even though it can be selected like a character baseline
shifting has no affect on it. If I wanted to lower the line just a hair I
have to set the baseline shift of the other actual characters in the line up
by 4-6 %.

It looks good on screen. I used to do this in QuarkXPress some years ago.
Anyway I thought I would mention this as a thinking process.

StevenD