[scribus] Trilingual template - design ideas

TSH tsh.gmane at miserableoldgit.me.uk
Sun Nov 29 16:22:24 CET 2009

Gerard Cunningham wrote:

> On Sun, 2009-11-29 at 12:40 +0100, Peter Nermander wrote:
>> One thing to keep in mind: Different languages take different space.
>>
>> If I recall wrong there are figures like that french take 5-10% more
>> space than english.
>>
>> So the other languages might have to have a smaller font.
>>

> I know. The two other languages are Irish and Scots Gallic, and Scots
> Gallic is basically Irish before spellings were reformed/shortened. :)

Don't forget that you can control the horizontal width of each character; in
my experience a small change here (up to + or - 10%) will not make the text
ugly or less readable, but can make a big difference to how the text fits
on a page, without changing the font size. In the Story Editor, select all
the text you want to adjust and then change the number in the 'Scaling
Width' box.

--
Stewart H

Posting via Gmane