[scribus] Linux "tryout" booter disc

Robert Marma robert_marma at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 27 23:27:31 CET 2009

Hi all

No, I haven't been eaten by a bear!  :-)  I'm still downloading & burning Linux ISOs when and where I get the opportunity.  Unfortunately, I don't have Internet access where I live, believe it or not  :-(  --so I have to wait until I visit my daughter or go to the public library to connect via wireless LAN.

There seems to be quite a variation in what different distros offer, so I really have to choose carefully.  I simply haven't yet decided which one I should use.  I want simplicity of compilatiion and installation, but still want power, versatility, and numerous features--which, I suppose, are mutually exclusive.

Thanx again for all your help and advice, and I'll keep you posted once I pick a system.  Incidentally, I'm now leaning toward dual-partition with a choice of OS for booting.

Bob