[scribus] exporting as pdf

K.King k.king177 at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 25 15:16:53 CET 2009

<<
The first thing to check is whether Adobe Reader is set to shrink pages to
fit within your printer margins.  That would be my first guess.
- Alan Tutt

Are your producing the original PDF out of Scribus as A4 or A5 ?
Are you printing from reader using the page scaling option of "booklet
printing" ?
If so are you printing directly or using something like PDFCreator to
create another PDF already in the booklet format?
If you do not have already get PDFCreator or similar so that you can
create a PDF already in booklet format.
Having produced that booklet formatted PDF look at while viewing in
Reader (may need to zoom out) to see if the borders etc appear to be
roughly what you want.
If so then it is going to be your print time options which could be in
Reader and can also be your printer driver settings.
I have seen some HP inkjets that can not do duplex well, and can really
mess the size of printed output while in the Reader you could see it was
fine.
Try your pdf on another printer if can.
K.