[scribus] text overflow

Frank Cox melville.theatre at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 16:19:16 CET 2009

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 07:05:45 -0800 (PST)
Computer Survivor wrote:

> I am getting an error message, text overflow. I cannot correct the pages with text overflow. Can I ignor the error message?

That message means that you have more text in a box than what will fit into
that box.  If you ignore it, then your printed document will not include the
overflowed text because it has nowhere to go.  Having said that, you CAN ignore
it from the point of view that Scribus will still work fine and print your
docucument for you -- it's just that the text that didn't fit into the box will
be missing from your finished product.   (The rest of the text will be fine.)

You can fix it and get rid of the overflow by adding another box and linking it
to the first one, by making the box bigger, or by using a smaller font size or
line spacing.