[scribus] Arabic Fonts Problems

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Nov 16 18:50:04 CET 2009

hi hammam,
> Hi everyone, Im graphic designer and I want to start to use and try scribus
> professionally, but I was so disappointed* *when I discovered that scribus
> still dont support arabic or there is still a lot of issues when type in
> arabic...so what do you suggest me to do right now, should I just leave till
> it fixed

yes, it's a bit sad but it's a "leave" case: you can't really use
scribus for most non latin languages.

> or is there a way to fix this by my self?? and thank you very much
> for your help.
it's not about fixing errors, but about implementing the support for non
latin languages.

you may be welcome to give a hand, but you should be ready to invest
much time in it!

in every case: keep an eye on scribus: with  bit of luck, support for
non latin languages is not too far away in the future and (as most
things in scribus) IT WILL ROCK! :-)

have fun
a.l.e