[scribus] PDFs not working with screen reader

TSH tsh.gmane at miserableoldgit.me.uk
Thu Nov 12 02:46:42 CET 2009

Hello,

I use Scribus (on Ubuntu) to publish a local club newsletter, outputting it
to PDF, which is then distributed by email.

One of our members is visually impaired, and uses a screen reader called
Jaws to read text. He reports problems getting this software to read the
PDFs I create with Scribus, which he doesn't experience with other PDFs.

I really don't know where to start trying to resolve this. Does anybody
here have any experience with using Scribus to make PDFs suitable for
working with speech and brail devices?

Examples of the newsletter in question can be found at
www.readifolk.org.uk

--
Stewart H

Posting via Gmane