[scribus] Brochure printing using imposition

K.King k.king177 at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 11 22:21:35 CET 2009

<<
I use Scribus on a PClinuxOS system, and need to produce a brochure in
A5 size printed on A4.  Reference to the Help documentation in my
installation, I find under the heading 'New In Scribus 1.3.5' the
following reference:

'There is a new imposition tool which allows you to create booklets.
This enables for example printing 2 pages of A5 on A4 paper.--> '

However, I haven't been able to find the tool.  If it's there, could
somebody tell me where?

Peter Nancarrow

If you do not find it or get that working, an alternative option for you
maybe to create a PDF as an A5 size.
Then from Adobe Reader use the print "Page Scaling" option set to
"Booklet Printing".
If you were looking for the end result to be a PDF (as we have in the
past) then :
Depending on your printing settings you maybe able to print to PDF directly?
If not you could take the Adobe Print option "Print to file" to create a
postscript file and then use the ps2pdf command to create a pdf
I know you are not on Windows, but we've also taken the above approach
but used PDFCreator as the final print stage.
We've used both ways and the PDF created was sufficient for our needs.
K.