[scribus] Check the size of a text box on Scribus

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Nov 11 19:40:04 CET 2009

buonasera,

> Does anyone know if there are native Scribus the option to check the
> size of a text box? To see how many characters can be entered.
> If there is someone know a script that selected text box, he can tell
> me how many characters I can insert this text box?

you can try to write a script which fills a frame with random chars until it's full... or fills it with lorem ipsum and deletes what does not fit...

the problem is, that depending on the character you insert (i is most of the time thinner than m), the hyphenation or the word length, and the number of line breaks you will have big variations in the numbers...

but, maybe, somebody comes up with a good idea for it...

have fun
a.l.e