[scribus] Solved: Problem with Scribus on Ubuntu 9.10

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Tue Nov 10 09:01:01 CET 2009

Christoph Schäfer wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 5. November 2009 22:11:36 schrieb John Beardmore:
>> OM wrote:
>>> * Thomas Zastrow <listen at thomas-zastrow.de> [2009-11-05 21:19:38 +0100]:

>>> I am building 1.3.6svn (1.3.5.1+fixes) packages of scribus-ng for all
>>> debian and ubuntu branches I usually build for. They should be ready
>>> within <=8 hrs. They will have podofo support as well and will be
>>> available from the Scribus Archive repository.
>> Is there any chance we could have a 1.3.5.1+fixes build for Windows at
>> some point please ?
>
> Already there:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus-svn/1.3.6svn

And wow ! It's a lot quicker at navigating around the document !  That's
a big improvement.

It still seems to have the problem that if you go into the story editor
and out again, on screen at least, the font used to render the story is
bigger than it should be. Not show stopping and fixable, but certainly
strange.

I also seem to have a problem copying (Alt-E C) blocks of text from the
document view. When I paste them I only get one line of the block. I
have the impression that this only happens where I've applied a style.

I assume the above are known bugs ?

And still no support for the spelling checker under windows ??  Any news
on that ?

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem (Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,AIEMA,MEI
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy