[scribus] Scribus, Lulu, base-14 fonts, postscript printing

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 00:01:22 CET 2009

William Hammack said the following at 11/07/2009 01:16 PM :

> but to no avail. Lulu LOVES Adobe Distiller - in fact requires it, I
> think for electronic distribution - so I thought I just pump out a ps

That deduction is incorrect. I've done electronic distribution using books
that were created with Scribus (for the cover) and TeX (for the contents).

In fact, all my books are done that way, whether for electronic or print
distribution.

I confess to being confused as to why you have any step in your process
where you are trying to print anything generated by Scribus, and even more
so why you're going through a PS step. If you must print for some reason,
as John says, you should do it via an intermediate PDF... but that PDF is
what you'll be sending to Scribus anyway and I don't see what you're
gaining by trying to print it. But maybe I'm just misunderstanding what
you're doing.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR