[scribus] PDF text field not interactive

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Nov 3 20:54:57 CET 2009

hi john,

> I'm new to Scribus and excited about the program.  I'm using Scribus
> Version 1.3.6svn, Build ID: C-*-T-*-C1.8.6-Windows.

not a stable version... i think you know it...

> The pdf exported from Scribus shows the interactive text fields, but
> they are not working- I cannot type inside them.

you're supposed to fill them in acrobat reader (or, maybe, in other pdf
readers which support the form functionality).

is this what you have tried?

> Do I need to have Ghostscript installed?  I did not realize I needed
> to install Ghostscript first, until it was too late.

basically, you only need ghostscript only for importing eps and for
using the print preview (which for most uses you can replace by the pdf
generation). so: you're mostly safe without it.

have fun
a.l.e