[scribus] Use of codes for dynamic insertion of images and text?

gbond at rochester.rr.com gbond at rochester.rr.com
Thu May 28 20:26:23 CEST 2009

I hope this is the right place to send this question.  I am preparing a grant proposal for the development of a document to deployed nationally (USA).  I run my office on MEPIS Linux 8, and will propose the use of Scribus as the application so that others may adapt the text without concern for platform.  I would thus deliver both a PDF and a Scribus file at the end of the project.

Since the content and graphics change by region (topic is urban trees), I would like to develop the document with codes that dynamically pull selected graphics and text from folders rather than their being statically present in the document.  So, for instance, the Scribus file would sit in a folder where there were other folders such as "Grafix" and "Lists," etc., and the document would pull its images, lists, etc. from those folders when the page was opened.  That way, users in other regions could easily make necessary alterations.

I looked through the Wiki and the new manual but found nothing relevant, so would appreciate any information that people could provide.  I don't actually need the details at this point, just know whether it is possible or not.  TIA.

Jerry