[scribus] Unknown Exception Error - help?

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Fri May 29 15:36:10 CEST 2009

Jessica Evans wrote:

> I downsampled the images to 300 dpi and it now exports to PDF perfectly.
> I guess I just made my PC choke with those 600 dpi images before.
> Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, John. Next month I'll
> experiment with increasing my swap space.

So did you notice how much memory Scribus was using as it tried to make
the 600dpi PDF ?

I';m just wondering if we can determine if it failed because the OS was
unable to allocate() more memort, or because of some limit within Scribus ?

Another work around might be to split your work into two halves, but
without knowing more about the problem, it's hard to know if that would
help.

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor