[scribus] 1.3.5rc1: problems using floating points

Johannes Schwall johannes.schwall at gmail.com
Fri May 29 08:59:43 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 10:03 PM, Christoph Schäfer
<christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> wrote:

>> Since a few days I'm testing Scribus 1.3.5rc1 under Ubuntu (8.10) and
>> for the most part it works really great! So far I've come to love some
>> new features, especially the possibility to align text on the baseline
>> grid.
>
> Hmm, this feature has been available since the Middle Ages, at least ;)

Might be, but it wasn't in the 1.3.3 branch, was it? I didn't use the
1.3.5 branch until recently.

>> I've only found one major glitch for now: I'm using Scribus with
>> a German Ubuntu and every time I enter some floating value using
>> commas, which would be the correct German value, (e.g. to position an
>> element at X value 12,5 mm) the field is set to some nonesense value,
>> mostly just 0,000 mm. So, to actually use Scribus I have to start it
>> with "LC_ALL=C scribus-ng". If I then use points instead of commas, it
>> does what it's supposed to do.
>>
>> Can anyone confirm this behaviour? Should I open a bug?
>
> Please check out 1.5 SVN and build it. The bug should be fixed now.

I found the 1.3.5 to be usably stable. Unfortunately I cannot play
around with new and unstable versions at the moment. I'll keep using
my workaround for now.

Thanks anyway!

Johannes

--