[scribus] Unknown Exception Error - help?

Jessica Evans jessica at lunula.com
Fri May 29 04:47:36 CEST 2009

Hi Ermin,

It looks like we're using the same settings with two exceptions:
 * In my export attempt, pictures are set to 600dpi (because the image
quality really matters in my hardcopy prints.) I don't know if this is
causing the problem. I could try reducing it.
 * The other possibility I can think of is that my preflight gives a
complaint about embedded PDFs as images.  I could change this by
demanding that my advertisers supply tiff instead of PDF to me, but they
don't want to, and so I don't want to ask it of them.  I hope that isn't
the problem, since they all universally prefer to give me PDFs.

I used these same PDF advertisements last month, and also the same image
file setting, with no problem.

I wonder if zipping the files up and transferring them to the UNIX box
would help.

-Jessica