[scribus] end sign in text frame

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Thu May 28 03:41:08 CEST 2009

John Culleton wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 May 2009 04:07:58 gaf at bellman.se wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> Articles in magazines end often with a end-of-article symbol (for
>> example a little black square). I find it very useful as a reader.
>> In the last version of the newsletter I'm doing the layout for, I
>> just included a black rectangle object at the end of articles, by
>> hand.
>>
>> Is there a way to do that automatically?
>> Including a symbol on the right side of the last row of a text
>> frame is something a computer should be able to do, right?
>>
>> If it is not possible to do automatically, how do you other users
>> do it? I find it difficult to place the rectangle in a consistent
>> way (it always end up a little lower there, more to the right here,
>> ...).
>>
>> Some magazines include also some kind of arrow symbol to signal
>> that the article continues on the next page.
>>
> A simple solution is to skip a line and type
> --end--
> centered on a line by itself.  This is an easily recognizable symbol.

If it's something you're going to use again and again, it can be worth
the work (not so much, really) to use an inline object. Make a small
square or whatever shape you want, select it, Ctrl+C, then paste Ctrl+V
in your text frame.

It may seem inflexible as far as position, but you can align it with a
transparent object enlarged and/or shifted, then Group the objects so
they will copy and paste together. Once you find one you like,
positioned the way you like, save it in the Scrapbook and you will have
it whenever you need it on future docs.

Using this method, you aren't restricted to any particular characters or
shapes, and could even have a multicolored one.

Greg