[scribus] 1.3.5rc1: problems using floating points

Johannes Schwall johannes.schwall at gmail.com
Wed May 27 10:59:09 CEST 2009

Hi all!

Since a few days I'm testing Scribus 1.3.5rc1 under Ubuntu (8.10) and
for the most part it works really great! So far I've come to love some
new features, especially the possibility to align text on the baseline
grid. I've only found one major glitch for now: I'm using Scribus with
a German Ubuntu and every time I enter some floating value using
commas, which would be the correct German value, (e.g. to position an
element at X value 12,5 mm) the field is set to some nonesense value,
mostly just 0,000 mm. So, to actually use Scribus I have to start it
with "LC_ALL=C scribus-ng". If I then use points instead of commas, it
does what it's supposed to do.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour? Should I open a bug?

Johannes

--
Johannes Schwall, Münster