[scribus] Problems with italian version

Craig Bradney cbradney at zip.com.au
Tue May 26 00:19:16 CEST 2009

Pier Luigi Cinquantini (katamail) wrote:
> Je domenica 24 maggio 2009, Jean Ghali skribis:
>
>> Hi Pier,
>>
>> In my recent experience, po files, at least those in our source tree, do
>> not work at all with qt4. The main reason is that they miss the context
>> informations which can be found in ts files. And consequently qm files miss
>> those infos too. I don't know if you have a way to provide those infos
>> directly in po files in such a way they are translated correctly in qm
>> files. At least you have now a description of the problem.
>>
>> Jean
>
> I'm not very expert about programmation. I knew that the po files were
> transformed in qm by msg2qm. If that now it's impossible I have to change to
> qtlinguist.

Hi Pier,

lconvert is a new qt4 tool that can now convert from po to ts and quite
a few other formats including qm. The problem is that there is no
context. You would have to use lconvert to create a ts file, then run
lupdate again to create a context friendly ts file that should,
hopefully, bring in translations from the already translated strings
that match.

Craig