[scribus] attn: developers [OT]

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi at gmail.com
Sat May 23 19:15:16 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 5/23/09, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 22 May 2009 23:43:13 +0100
> John Beardmore <John at T4sLtd.co.uk> dijo:
>
>> > nitro pdf 6 is in beta at the moment.  scribus 1.3.3.13 pdf forms crash
>> > .....................................................  maybe you might be interested
>> > in becoming a beta tester ...
> Not only does it cost $99, it is for Windows only.

Yes. I normally use FoxIT Reader on Windows installations which is
FREE and MUCH faster than even Adobe Reader. What's more, it gets
installed even using the restricted user privileges which lets you
work on systems where you don't have administrative privileges - you
can install it under your own user home directory - just like Chrome.
Scribus PDFs open fine on FoxIT Reader and I really like it as it is
very light-weight and opens very fast.

-Asif