[scribus] attn: developers [OT]

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat May 23 17:50:21 CEST 2009

On Sat, 23 May 2009 08:23:30 +0200
Jurgen Gaeremyn <jurgen.gaeremyn at pandora.be> dijo:

> I don't think so. I do think though that Adobe has some sprouting
> connections with the Open Source community - but as I'm not a programmer
> myself, I can't really tell.

I had some contact with the Adobe Reader for Linux team as a beta
tester of version 8.1. I have also long participated in the InDesign
e-list.

>From my experience the Reader and Flash people are the only people at
Adobe who even know the difference between RPM and Debian. The rest of
them, including Warnock, think that all Linux people are hackers, in
all the bad meanings of the word and none of the good. It is that
uneducated attitude that drives me to abandon InDesign and throw all
support I am capable of to Scribus. There would have to be a
substantial financial benefit to Adobe for them ever to cooperate with
the open source world.