[scribus] http://www.scribus.org/

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Sat May 23 16:38:09 CEST 2009

John B wrote:

> John Beardmore wrote:
>> Has anybody seen this site ? Looks like we've been squatted !
>>

>> Cheers, J/.
> Yes, it definitely appears that scribus.org is a squatter. It was
> registered by a proxy registrar called Moniker Privacy Services located
> in Pompano Beach, Florida. The registration expires on 25 June 2010,
> according to the WHOIS information for the site.

Did scribus ever own scribus.org?

If I remember correctly, there was an older scribus.org web site, older
than Scribus-the-DTP. It belonged to some French association or other,
called "scribus".  Look at the news from 1999 at
<http://www.eveil.asso.fr/association/historique.php>
Maybe someone with more skills in web archeology can dig up the story?

I suspect that it this association's web site that is squatted now.

--
Martin