[scribus] attn: developers [OT]

dwain dwain.alford at gmail.com
Sat May 23 01:05:43 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 5:58 PM, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net>wrote:

> On Fri, 22 May 2009 23:43:13 +0100
> John Beardmore <John at T4sLtd.co.uk> dijo:
>
> > > nitro pdf 6 is in beta at the moment.  scribus 1.3.3.13 pdf forms crash
> the
> > > program.  i am a beta tester and have submitted a bug to them along
> with the
> > > scribus generated pdf and the sla file.  maybe you might be interested
> in
> > > becoming a beta tester also and work with the nitro beta team to try
> and
> > > correct the crash problem for scribus generated pdfs.
>
> > Questionable as it seems to be commercial software ?
>
> Not only does it cost $99, it is for Windows only.
>
> It might be useful for certain PDF forms that I'd like to be able to
> create, as you can assign only limited fonts to a control in OOo and
> Scribus. Otherwise, I can open any PDF (one page at a time) in Inkscape
> and edit it to my heart's desire. Why pay for something that I can do
> with free open source software?

you seem to be missing the point.  yes it cost $99 and yes it is for windows
only, but it won't open a scribus generated form, but yet abrobat (which
costs more than $99) and reader (which is free) can open a scribus generated
pdf.  then why wouldn't the scribus team want to allow other pdf programs
like nitro pdf to open their pdf files?

cheers,
dwain

--
"Fear of the devil is one way of doubting God.  " - Kahlil Gibran