[scribus] convert to pdf or png from command line

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed May 20 21:56:33 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 20 May 2009 11:55:44 Gabriele Francescotto wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm building a digital asset management solution for magazines,
> basically using eZ publish as content management framework; the
> solution should be only base on free software, so I'm projecting an
> eZ publish's extension for Scribus, that could be very useful to
> have a preview of the page and to have a draft of the pages that
> could be managed by the designers.
>
> The whole solution should be web-oriented, so it could be very
> useful if Scribus could be used on a Linux server from command
> line, at least to create pdf or png/jpg images. I've looked for
> this kind of feature but I didn't find it.
> Anybody has a similar need or can suggest me a feasible solution?
>
> greetings,
> gabriele

On a Linux system I can run Kpdf to show the current finished version
of a pdf export from some DTP program. As the pdf is updated the
Kpdf image is also updated automatically.  Acrobat reader,
unfortunately, does not have that feature.   I use this routinely for
TeX with gvim editor, pdftex and Kpdf.  I have GVim programmed so
that F3 calls pdftex  and F4 (needed only once)  calls up Kpdf to
display the current pdf.  My secret is that the main file of each
project has the name "book" so that F3 always compiles book.tex and
F4 always displays book.pdf in Kpdf.

--
John Culleton
Able Indexers and Typesetters